Hope to be able to write my own filter that can handle Excel files in different programming languages. I will be updating information here as I find it (and have time to document…)
Points I have already found out from a simple table of data:
- the .xlsx file is really a ZIP-archived tree of XML documents.
- a single XML file called [Content_Types].xml sits in the main folder
- next to this there are three folders, docProps, xl and rels.
- docProps contains two files, core.xml and app.xml
- rels contains a single XML file called .rels
- xl is the most complex folder, with workbook.xml, styles.xml, sharedStrings.xml and 4 subfolders.
…any more information will have to wait. 🙂